1. What are the main tax authorities in the Netherlands?
2. Is VAT registration mandatory in the Netherlands?
Yes. Entrepreneurs in the Netherlands who provide taxable goods and services must register for VAT
3. What are the reporting requirements?
Companies in the Netherlands, either local or non-residents, must submit annual accounts, annual financial statements and perform an annual audit.
4. What companies are required to perform an audit?
Only medium and large companies in the Netherlands are required to submit an annual audit report
. This evaluation is done by an independent and accredited auditor.
5. What are the annual financial statements?
The annual report and annual financial statements
that need to be submitted by Dutch companies include: consolidated financial statements (balance sheets, income statements, cash flow statements, etc.), company financial statements (balance sheets, condensed income statements) and other relevant information as well as the appropriation of profit.
6. What are the used accounting standards in the Netherlands?
7. What are the Dutch corporate taxes?
Dutch companies must pay a corporate income tax
of 20% or 25%. Other taxes like the real property tax, the transfer tax, inheritance/estate tax or social security contributions are also payable by Dutch companies.
8. What is the 30% ruling?
The 30% ruling
is a tax exemption that applies for employees who work in the Netherlands. If the eligibility criteria are all met, the employer is granted a tax allowance amounting to 30% of the gross salary which is offered to the employee (as benefit for the expenses of working in another country).
9. What are the taxes on salaries in the Netherlands?
The social security contributions are the most important taxes on salaries
. This tax is progressive.
10. Is the Netherlands a tax haven?
The Netherlands is considered a tax haven
by many foreign investors because of its favorable fiscal climate.
If you are interested in investing in the Netherlands, the representatives at our Dutch accounting firm can help you with professional tax services.